Continuing with the new tradition of passing along a recipe on Weeeekend Supplements posts, we present you with another relatively simple breakfast beauty: French Toast. Let's roll up the sleeves and get into it shall we?
1/2 cup milk (add more milk for softer / not as egg-like french toast; or add less milk for firmer, more egg-like toast)
4 slices of bread (It is ideal to have a solid loaf that you can cut your own thick pieces off of, the bread is real important, so get a quality loaf)
A good amount of butter for greasing the pan (or oil)
Optional (but recommended):
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 - 1 teaspoon nutmeg cinnamon (or both)
1 teaspoon of sugar
- In a bowl mix eggs and milk, and optional ingredients as desired.
- Heat up a frying pan, skillet or griddle to a medium-low temperature.
- Use butter, margarine, or cooking spray on the pan.
- Soak a slice of bread in the egg-milk mixture and place on pan; repeat until pan is full.
- Get a nice golden brown hue on both sides of the French toast.
- Serve on plates, usually two slices per person, with toppings as desired.
If you're looking to take it to the next level you can make French toast sandwiches with a variety of fillings in between two slices such as Nutella & banana, cream cheese and berries, but make sure you involve butter and maple syrup too. So now a nice mellow song by MF Love (downloadable) to play during prep and some pictures to distract you.
One of the coolest and most clever alarm clocks I have ever seen, hopefully you didn't have to use one of these today!
To the left we have a sweet mini hedron planter.
To the right is a sharp looking example of a tree house-jealous?
Lastly is a sweet little 'cave' made out of CNCed plywood. To check out the full article from JUXTAPOZ magazine, click on the image. That is all for today, but check back tomorrow for some pics of the recent SuperAdobe action on site (some pretty crazy pics of the steel tamper we broke (yeah we're that strong)). Stay excited, and keep moving!